A device that keeps going on and on with no interruptions whatsoever is rare indeed! In fact you may often be aghast at finding your work disrupted by sudden blurs or flashes on your screen (both TV and/or computers) before coming back to normal again. All this may be for a second or two but it spells doom for your electronic device. It is not wise to ignore such tell tale signs of power surges though for you may find your TV or computer damaged irrevocably. So do make an attempt to find a solution to the problem, if the occurrences are frequent. Investing in the one of these may help you to exert control, however. Check out the advantages of each and consider your requirement before choosing one over the other though. Read on for details…
An USB relay board will help you to control the power flowing in and out via a switch. The board heats up slowly whenever an excess of power is generated and a pull via electromagnetic waves is generated in order to control the excess power being sent to the device directly. This helps to prevent any sort of damage to the electronic device that is secured. Using this kind of USB board has become almost a norm particularly in large areas that use multiple electronic gadgets namely large offices, club houses, and entertainment hubs. You do not have to be worried about the cost of the board either for they are available in various sizes as well as capacities.
An Ethernet relay board, on the other hand, happens to be a network of various relay boards and controls that has the power to prevent an excessive power surge thereby safeguarding your gadgets effectively. It is actually a software that can be operated with the aid of your computer, lap top or a remote web based system. In short, it is a collection of relay boards that is both reliable and efficient to work with. You do not have to buy any separate software though and can log on to it by means of your web browser. It works perfectly well on a relay network and a wireless one.
Important Features To Look Out For Before Buying An IP Relay Board
Control of devices within your home or office by a switch is an easy way out. It is increasingly becoming popular as absolutely no one is ready to operate via long and tedious processes that requires hours and technical know how. The IP relay board happens to be a service that negates the use of phone and opts for the Internet instead.
Other reasons for purchasing web controlled relay includes:-
• Using it is extremely easy as you just have to communicate via a window similar to a chat window.
• No specific software is required. You can also download the software in order to enhance certain features, if you want to.
• The calls made with the aid of this relay are absolutely free.
The features that you must consider before buying a relay board include the following. Do take a look before blindly going along with what the seller says.
• The number of relays varies from 2 to 8. Choose wisely as per your requirement.
• Check whether it has web based access and the control is effective.
• Remember that the Http API is available only for Digital I/O products.
• TCP/IP is included in the 8 SPDT models. So you may not find it in either the 2 SPDT, 4 SPDT or 16 SPDT relay boards.
• The last state or an OFF state is displayed on booting the relay board.
• Digital input can be controlled with the Analog input. The capacity for controlling the digital output with digital input can only be found in relay controls of 8 SPDT models.